Pacific Pole Championships will be back in March of 2013! If you’ve wanted to try a competition, this is the perfect one. It’s an ALL-LEVEL (beginner to professional) amateur competition held in Los Angeles and run by The Pole Sport Organization.
You can RSVP on Facebook.
Dancers are divided into divisions based on skill level with set rules.
- Level 1 (Beginner): Appropriate level for true amateur beginners who have never taught pole dancing nor made any money from dancing. Dancers at this level are permitted to engage in floor dance, spinning moves, and climbs. There is no inverting at this level and hips must be below the shoulders at all times when the competitor is on the pole.
- Level 2: Appropriate level for intermediate dancers that have never taught pole dancing nor placed in the top three in a pole dancing competition. In addition to the skills permitted in Level 1, dancers may invert on the pole (hips higher than head), however dancers must maintain three points of contact with the pole while inverted.
- Level 3 (Advanced): Appropriate level for the more advanced pole dancer, pole dance instructors, and those who have placed in other pole competitions. Dancers at this level may perform any tricks and any inversions.
There’s also a mysterious “Level 4” Championship event that will be announced on December 1st. So exciting! The competition is a lot of fun, with different events for everyone!
UPDATE: Level 4 (Pro): This is the appropriate level for the most advanced pole dancer. Dancers at this level may perform any tricks and any inversions. This level is the qualifier for Nationals.
If you have placed in the top 3 of the following competitions, you must enter in level 4:
If you have placed in the top 3 of an international competition, email firstname.lastname@example.org for placement.
- Pacific Pole Championships
- Southern Pole Championships
- Central Pole Championships
- Atlantic Pole Championships
- California Pole Dance Championship
- Miss Texas Pole Star Ultimate Division
- North American Pole Championships
- American Pole Fitness Championships
- USPDF Amateur or Regional events.
- USPDF Pros
If you would like to read more about PPC there’s a write up on Poleitical Diaries
about her participation in last year’s competition as well as an interview with the competition founders
, Amy Guion and Bayleigh Pettigrew.
Hope to see you all there in March :)